Arming the Consumer: Increasing Value Through Technology and Transparency
Start Date: February 04, 2014
End Date: February 04, 2014
National Institute for Health Care Management (NIHCM)
Date & Time:
February 4, 2014
1:00 - 2:30pm EST
More and more consumers are looking for ways to take charge of their health and their health care. With an abundance of new technology at their disposal, insurers and employers are increasingly turning to benefits that encourage engagement, such as personalized wellness plans and mobile decision support tools.
This webinar will highlight consumer-centered strategies to increase value in health care. Speakers will discuss the following:
- why changes in the retail market are giving rise to care models that are holistic, patient-centered and transparent
- a mobile app that helps patients evaluate symptoms and find in-network providers, reducing unnecessary and inefficient care
- a program that makes dietary recommendations based on health data, using meal plans and grocery discounts to guide consumer choices
- how a health plan is leveraging consumer, clinical and cost data to reshape the member experience
Register at: http://nihcm.org/conferences-and-webinars
Registration will close at 9:00 AM EST on February 4th.
Presentations (slides will be posted shortly before the event):
- "The Future of Consumer-Centered Health," Terry Stone, Managing Partner, and Howard Lapsley, Partner, Health & Life Sciences, Oliver Wyman
- "Engaging Consumers Through Mobile Health Technology," Peter Hudson, MD, CEO and Co-founder, iTriage
- "Consumer-Powered Healthy Living," Jason Langheier, MD, MPH, CEO and Founder, Zipongo
- "The Consumer-Driven Health Plan," Jaja Okegwe, SVP Strategic Development, Premera Blue Cross
The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS) does not endorse or attest to the quality of the content. Questions regarding content, recordings, and additional information should be directed to the host organization and/or presenter.
More Info Url:
Registration Url: http://nihcm.org/conferences-and-webinars