Integrated Health Care Symposium: The Future Is Now
Start Date: March 03, 2014
End Date: March 03, 2014
Sponsored by the departments of family medicine and psychiatry
Monday, March 3, 2014 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Registration begins at 7:15 a.m.
Lehigh Valley Hospital–Cedar Crest
Kasych Family Pavilion
Medical Imaging of Lehigh Valley Educational
Conference Center, rooms 6, 7 and 8
1200 S. Cedar Crest Blvd.
Allentown, PA 18103
Physicians, nurses, social workers, mental health providers, advanced practice clinicians and
other health care providers caring for patients with combined medical and mental health
- State the major national trends and policies impacting the integration of primary care and behavioral health.
- Create a business plan to support the integration of primary care and behavioral health.
- Review the challenges of chronic, non-communicable disease management.
- Cite the benefits of integrated health care models.
- Discuss mental health knowledge resources for the integration of mental health in primary care.
- Identify strategies for clinician skill development in mental health care of primary care patients.
- Review the history of integrated mental health care in the US and the world.
- Analyze recent research findings of integrated care models.
- Describe the similarities and differences between evaluation and research studies.
- Describe critical components in an evaluation study.
- Clarify concepts of integrated medicine practices through case discussions.
The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS) does not endorse or attest to the quality of the content. Questions regarding content, recordings, and additional information should be directed to the host organization and/or presenter.
More Info Url: