2014 National Minority Mental Health Awareness Month Planning Webinar
Start Date: April 16, 2014
End Date: April 16, 2014
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDT
July is National Minority Mental Health Awareness Month (NMMHAM). Don’t let this opportunity to engage diverse communities in your area pass you by!
Join NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) and the National Network to Eliminate Disparities (NNED) to learn how to plan and host successful events to celebrate NMMHAM and broaden your impact.
While there are all types of activities you can host, this webinar will offer 3 tried and true suggestions:
- Hosting a speaker’s event where you highlight mental health in a specific community.
- Partnering with faith communities to bring the message to their congregations.
- Using your own story to spread the word by developing a succinct and well-crafted short testimony of what mental health means to you.
- Andrea Polnaszek, LCSW, Touched Twice United and Chippewa Health Improvement Partnership
- Lynda Cortes, Manager, NAMI Multicultural Action Center
- Maggie Luo, Director of Communications & Technical Resources, CAMHOP-NJ Coordinator, NAMI New Jersey
- Martha Silva, Director of NAMI NJ en Español Program, NAMI New Jersey
- Milagro Grullón, Executive Director, Lawrence Community Connections, Lawrence, MA
The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS) does not endorse or attest to the quality of the content. Questions regarding content, recordings, and additional information should be directed to the host organization and/or presenter.
More Info Url:
Registration Url: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/island/webinar/registration.tmpl?id=791083586