Clearing the Air: Reducing Tobacco Use among Racial and Ethnic Minorities
Start Date: April 21, 2014
End Date: April 21, 2014
Who Should Attend: Health care, health promotion and service providers, community organizations, retailers and others interested in tobacco prevention
When: April 21, 2-3:15 p.m. ET
To join the event (no pre-registration needed):
Conference number: RW2029726
The Office of Minority Health invites you to join us and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Food and Drug Administration, and Indiana Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Commission for a webinar: “Clearing the Air: Reducing Tobacco Use among Racial and Ethnic Minorities.”
It has been fifty years since the first U.S. Surgeon General's Report on Smoking and Health alerted the nation to the dangers of smoking. But still smoking remains the number one cause of preventable disease, disability and death in the United States, and racial and ethnic minorities bear a significant burden. This webinar will discuss current education and prevention programs as well as regulatory efforts that aim to curb tobacco use among minorities.
This is the third in a special Minority Health Month webinar series that will be held each Monday throughout April.View past webinars.
- Introduction by J. Nadine Gracia, MD, MSCE, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Minority Health and Director, Office of Minority Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Leandris Liburd, PhD, MPH, MA, Office of Minority Health and Health Equity, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Jonca Bull, MD, Director, Office of Minority Health, Food and Drug Administration
- Bridgette E. Garrett, PhD, Associate Director for Health Equity, Office on Smoking and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Andre Stanley, Policy Analyst, Food and Drug Administration
- Anita W. Gaillard, MSPH, Director of Community Programs, Indiana Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Commission
The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS) does not endorse or attest to the quality of the content. Questions regarding content, recordings, and additional information should be directed to the host organization and/or presenter.
More Info Url:
Registration Url: https://www.mymeetings.com/nc/join/