Tips for Enhancing Brief Interventions - Nutrition, Diet & Sleep
Start Date: May 02, 2014
End Date: May 02, 2014
Friday, May 2, 2014 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EST
This free webinar will focus on tips for helping patients with nutrition, diet and sleep during the substance addiction and recovery phases. A brief discussion of why patients can sometimes transfer from a substance addiction to a sugar addiction will be examined, and tips will be shared on how to help with decreasing the chances of sugar addiction. An exploration of how substance addiction can cause sleep problems will be presented and examples of effective methods to reduce the frustration associated with sleep problems will be given.
- Basic knowledge of sugar addiction and tips on how to substitute sugar with healthier alternatives
- An understanding of how patients can move from substance addiction to sugar addiction
- An explanation of how substance use can affect sleep
- Direction on what methods can be used to help with sleep problems
- Monica Berry is a Certified Health Coach with a degree in Psychology. She graduated both from the University of Pittsburgh and the University for Integrative Nutrition. She is board certified by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners and is highly trained in preventative health, wellness restoration and is versatile in a variety of practical lifestyle coaching methods.
- Victoria E. Lahey, MS Ed, NCC is currently a therapist in private practice providing group and individual therapy as well as training and clinical consultation. Formerly the Director of Forensic Services for Mon Yough Community Services and the Associate Director of the Pittsburgh AIDS Task Force.
This webinar is approved for 1 NAADAC and PA CADC CEU.
This spring, the Institute for Research, Education, and Training in Addictions (IRETA) is hosting an online training series designed to hone in on one of the key ingredients to SBIRT: the brief intervention.
Led by expert MI trainers Victoria Lahey, MS Ed, NCC, Irene Kane, PhD, MSN, RN, CNAA, HFI, and Monica Berry, the “Tips for Enhancing a Brief Intervention” webinar series consists of three parts:
- April 10, 2014 – Anger Issues
- April 17, 2014 – Stress Management & Resilience
- May 2, 2014 – Nutrition, Diet & Sleep
As always, registration for the webinar series is free. For a small fee, 1.0 NAADAC or PA CADC CEU is available upon completion of each presentation (up to 3.0 CEUs for the series).
The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS) does not endorse or attest to the quality of the content. Questions regarding content, recordings, and additional information should be directed to the host organization and/or presenter.
More Info Url: