Health Observance Details
National Minority Mental Health Awareness Month 2014 Twitter Chat
Start Date: July 09, 2014
End Date: July 09, 2014
Celebrating National Minority Mental Health Awareness Month 2014 - Twitter Chat
This July, organizations across the country will be taking part in this year's celebration. We come together this time of year in recognition of National Minority Mental Health Awareness Month to keep building awareness of the importance of mental health and supports in every community. The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and the National Network to Eliminate Disparities in Behavioral Health (NNED) are organizing a twitter chat on Wednesday, July 9, 2014 11:00 am - 12 pm EDT
The Twitter chat will be moderated by Melody Moezzi and will include a discussion around her most recent book -- Haldol & Hyacinths: A Bipolar Life. Melody is an Iranian-American Muslim writer, attorney and award-winning author. She is a blogger for the Huffington Post and Ms. Magazine, and her writings have appeared in the The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Guardian, and other outlets. She has also appeared on NPR, BBC, CNN and other programs.
To join or observe the #mhsm chat:
- Set up an account at Twitter.com, if you do not already have an account.
- Log into your twitter account on July 9 at 11:00 am ET.
- Follow @NNED_net, @MHSMchat and @MelodyMoezzi.
- Access www.tweetchat.com in your browser
- Enter mhsm for the hashtag
- Log in and authorize the app with your Twitter account when asked to do so.
- Remember your tweets have to be under 135 characters including spaces (the other 5 spaces are reserved for #mhsm which will be added automatically for you if you use tweetchat.com).
- You can also use the hashtag #MinorityMentalHealth.
The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS) does not endorse or attest to the quality of the content. Questions regarding content, recordings, and additional information should be directed to the host organization and/or presenter.
More Info Url: