Celebrating National Minority Mental Health Awareness Month 2014
Start Date: August 20, 2014
End Date: August 20, 2014
July was National Minority Mental Health Awareness Month. Communities across the country came together to build awareness of the importance of mental health and supports in every community.
The National Network to Eliminate Disparities in Behavioral Health (a SAMHSA-supported initiative) and the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) are partnering with Mental Health Social Media Chat to bring you a Twitter chat to highlight the activities of the month and plan for next year. Please join us on Wednesday, August 20th from 11 am to 12 pm ET.
The Twitter chat will be moderated by Melody Moezzi, an Iranian-American Muslim writer, attorney and award-winning author. She is a blogger for the Huffington Post and Ms. Magazine, and her writings have appeared in the The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Guardian, and other outlets. She has also appeared on NPR, BBC, CNN and other programs.
To join or observe the #MinorityMentalHealth chat:
- Set up an account at Twitter.com, if you do not already have an account.
- Log into your twitter account on August 20 at 11:00 am ET.
- Follow @NNED_net, @MHSMchat and @MelodyMoezzi.
- Access www.tweetchat.com in your browser
- Enter MinorityMentalHealth for the hashtag
- Log in and authorize the app with your Twitter account when asked to do so.
- Remember your tweets have to be under 118 characters including spaces (the other 22 spaces are reserved for #MinorityMentalHealth which will be added automatically for you if you use tweetchat.com).
The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS) does not endorse or attest to the quality of the content. Questions regarding content, recordings, and additional information should be directed to the host organization and/or presenter.
More Info Url: