Effective Outreach and Engagement Strategies for Service Members, Veterans, and their Families
Start Date: August 20, 2014
End Date: August 20, 2014
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 2:00 PM -- 3:00 PM EDT
As the number of service members returning from deployment continues to grow, many service members, veterans, and their families (SMVF) will need the support of behavioral health services. Individuals closest to SMVF are more likely to identify early signs of challenges and issues and can provide opportunities to help SMVF connect to needed services.
Presenters of this webinar will discuss effective outreach and engagement strategies for SMVF, as well as methods for implementation. An overview of best practices, such as Military-Veteran Mental Health First Aid training and peer outreach, will be provided. Participants will gain an understanding of effective methods and strategies that can be adapted to suit their local community needs.
- Identify barriers that may keep SMVF from seeking behavioral health support
- Review best practices for effective outreach and engagement
- Gain an understanding of how these principles can be applied in local communities
- Representatives from state, territory, and tribal behavioral health systems serving SMVF, providers, representatives from military family coalitions, and SMVF advocates
- Eileen Zeller, M.P.H., Lead Public Health Advisor, Suicide Prevention Branch, Center for Mental Health Services, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Steven S. Sayers, Ph.D., Director, Coaching into Care, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Jeannie Campbell, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, National Council for Behavioral Health
- Caleb S. Cage, Director of Military and Veterans Policy, Nevada Governor’s Office of Military and Veterans Policy
Participants will only be able to hear the webinar through their computer via headphones or speakers
Participants are asked to test their system before the broadcast
The webinar archive will be made available to registrants after the webinar
If you have any questions about your registration, please contact Lisa Guerin, Senior Administrative Assistant, at 518-439-7415 ext. 5242 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS) does not endorse or attest to the quality of the content. Questions regarding content, recordings, and additional information should be directed to the host organization and/or presenter.
More Info Url:
Registration Url: https://goto.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1040498