Training and Certification of Peer Support Providers
Start Date: August 28, 2014
End Date: August 28, 2014
Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:00 pm -- 4:00 pm ET
There is an increasing acknowledgement of the value that peer support specialists bring to the behavioral health continuum of services and supports. As this emerging workforce evolves, states and organizations are developing requirements for training, supervision and certification.
This webinar will explore the unique characteristics intrinsic in the training, supervision and certification of adult, family, and youth peer support specialists. Participants will be provided with a historical perspective of the beginnings of the standardization of adult peer support and will learn about current and emerging best practices in adult, family and youth peer support.
A variety of training curricula, supervision models and certification programs that are currently being utilized will be discussed, and participants will develop a greater understanding of the key elements of each.
While this webinar is Part 3 of a 3-Part Series, all are welcome!
- Lynda Gargan, Ph.D., Senior Managing Director, National Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health;
- Patrick Hendry, Senior Director of Consumer Advocacy, Mental Health America;
- Brie Masselli, Director, Training, Technical Assistance, and Evaluation, Youth MOVE National
Instructions for joining the August 28 webinar:
- Go to - http://nasmhpd.adobeconnect.com/certificationpeersupport/ (Please right click on the link or copy and paste the link into a new tab.)
- When the Adobe Connect Log-in screen appears, select "Enter as a Guest," enter the name and state of the participant in the "Name" field (Ex. Jane Doe-AK) and click on "Enter Room."
- Once prompted to join the Audio portion of the meeting, please select "Dialing-in to the Audio Conference Via Phone."
- Then dial 1-888-727-2247 and enter the conference ID number 5433540#.
- Dialing in allows for interaction and dialogue. Please ensure that your computer speakers are turned down so that there is no audio feedback.
Note: If you are only able to join the audio portion, then you will not be able to see the webinar presentation.
The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS) does not endorse or attest to the quality of the content. Questions regarding content, recordings, and additional information should be directed to the host organization and/or presenter.
More Info Url:
Registration Url: http://nasmhpd.adobeconnect.com/certificationpeersupport/