Public Health Departments in the Era of Delivery System Reform
Start Date: November 19, 2014
End Date: November 19, 2014
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
2:00 pm Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-05:00)
Duration: 1 hour
Health reforms cannot fully succeed without a strong public health component, yet traditionally public health efforts and health care delivery systems have remained separate silos. As health reform underscores the need for a population approach to health care delivery restructuring, health departments can play an enhanced role in bringing communities together to develop integrated approaches that ensure services meet the needs of those they are meant to serve.
This webinar explores the importance of local and state health department involvement and leadership in the discussions and decision-making processes related to health care delivery and finance reforms. It will feature officials from three public health departments who have experience as leaders in community-wide health reform initiatives.
- Jillian Jacobellis, PhD, Deputy Advisor, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Patricia Harrison, Deputy County Executive for Human Services, Fairfax County
- Leticia Reyes, Division Chief, Illinois Department of Public Health
Health Management Associates Moderators
- Pat Terrell, Managing Principal, Chicago
- Joan Henneberry, Managing Principal, Denver
- Margaret Kirkegaard, M.D., Principal, Chicago
The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS) does not endorse or attest to the quality of the content. Questions regarding content, recordings, and additional information should be directed to the host organization and/or presenter.
More Info Url: