Life After Incarceration: Current Policy Landscape & Toolkit for Addiction Professionals Working with the Criminal Justice Population
Start Date: April 20, 2016
End Date: April 20, 2016
Wednesday, April 20, 2016 @ 3:00 - 4:30pm ET (2 CT/ 1 MT/12 PT)
This free webinar is aimed at professionals working with clients either currently or formerly involved in the criminal justice system. This includes prison, jail, parole, probation, intensive supervised probation (ISP), and drug court.
This session will cover:
- The current state of our national criminal justice system, including statistics that show that America is the number one jailer in the world.
- The costs of maintaining county, state and federal jails/prisons.
- Current reforms in a few forward thinking states.
- The top three ways to avoid recidivism: education, treatment and employment.
- The need for reform.
- Soft and hard skills that we need to teach our clients in order for them to lessen their chances of recidivating.
Participants will receive a toolkit of concepts, topics and strategies that they can engage in with their clients and those who have clients in the criminal justice system will leave the webinar with a plan for work with clients and an understanding of the clinician’s role in the work of criminal justice clients.
Presenter: Frank Greenagle, MSW, MPAP
Earn a Certificate of Completion for 1.5 CE Credits by passing an online CE Quiz upon completion of the webinar. Free for NAADAC members (Join now!). $20 for Non-members.
Questions or comments about NAADAC Education? E-mail NAADAC at firstname.lastname@example.org
The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS) does not endorse or attest to the quality of the content. Questions regarding content, recordings, and additional information should be directed to the host organization and/or presenter.
More Info Url:
Registration Url: http://www.naadac.org/criminaljustice