Addressing the Behavioral Health Needs of Transgender & Gender Non-Conforming Patients
Start Date: June 13, 2016
End Date: June 13, 2016
Monday, June 13, 2016 - 2:00pm to 3:00pm EDT
This HRSA webinar aims will focus on ways to address the behavioral health needs of transgender and gender non-conforming patients in a culturally appropriate manner and will feature promising practices of Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) grantees. Additionally, the HHS Office for Civil Rights will discuss the proposed nondiscrimination rule under Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act.
HRSA grantees, healthcare providers, public health officials, and advocates wanting to improve competency in regards to serving the needs of transgender and gender non-conforming patients in their practices.
How HRSA Is Improving the Lives of the LGBT Community
- Valerie Gallo, MPH - Public Health Analyst
- Christina Mead, PharmD - Regional Pharmacy Consultant
- Kim Patton, PsyD - Public Health Analyst, HRSA Office of Regional Operations
Making Your Clinic Space Trans* Friendly/Behavioral Health Issues Affecting the Trans* Community
- Tricia Smith, ACSW - Medical Social Worker for Primary, Trans* and Women’s Health Programs, Los Angeles LGBT Center
Integrating Trans* Friendly Behavioral Health into Primary Care
- Sandra Hall, LCSW - Mental Health Director Lyon-Martin Health Services (a program of HealthRight 360)
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Prohibits Discrimination
- Ian Shipps, J.D. - Supervisory Investigator, Office for Civil Rights, HHS
For more information or questions, email Valerie Gallo or call 415-437-8095.
The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS) does not endorse or attest to the quality of the content. Questions regarding content, recordings, and additional information should be directed to the host organization and/or presenter.
More Info Url: https://www.careacttarget.org/calendar/addressing-behavioral-health-needs-transgender-gender-non-conforming-patients
Registration Url: https://www.careacttarget.org/calendar/addressing-behavioral-health-needs-transgender-gender-non-conforming-patients