Opioid Prescribing: Safe Practice, Changing Lives
Start Date: October 21, 2017
End Date: October 21, 2017
OPIOID PRESCRIBING: SAFE PRACTICE, CHANGING LIVES
This symposium is being offered either LIVE IN PERSON at the Hospital or you may LOG IN DIRECTLY FROM YOUR COMPUTER and listen to the presentation and view the ppt at the same time that it is being presented live. Please indicate your choice in the registration form below. If attending via computer, you will be contacted in advance with directions on how to log in on the day of the conference.
The American Society of Addiction Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Society of Addiction Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course has been approved by the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM). Physicians enrolled in the ABAM Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program can apply a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
EXCEL Continuing Education is accredited by the Florida Board of Nursing and designates this activity 3 contact hours. Provider #50-619.
EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES for OPIOID PRESCRIBING
At the conclusion of this conference, you should be able to:
- Describe appropriate patient assessment for treatment with ER/LA opioid analgesics, evaluating risks and potential benefits of ER/LA therapy as well as possible misuse
- Apply proper methods to initiate therapy, modify dose, and discontinue use of ER/LA opioid analgesics, applying best practices including accurate dosing and conversion techniques as well as appropriate discontinuation strategies
- Demonstrate accurate knowledge about how to manage ongoing therapy with ER/LA opioid analgesics and properly use evidence-based tools while assessing for adverse effects
- Employ methods to counsel patients and caregivers about the safe use of ER/LA opioid analgesics, including proper storage and disposal
- Review/assess general and product-specific drug information concerning ER/LA opioid analgesics and identifying potential adverse effects of ER/LA opioids
The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions (CIHS) does not endorse or attest to the quality of the content. Questions regarding content, recordings, and additional information should be directed to the host organization and/or presenter.