MAI-CoC 2017 Grantee Meeting
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Minority AIDS Initiative Continuum of Care Pilot (MAI-CoC) Grantee Meeting is scheduled for Monday, July 10 – Tuesday, July 11, 2017. The meeting location is 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20857, SAMHSA’s headquarters.
This meeting is designed to support the MAI-CoC program’s continued development and ongoing sustainability, with:
- MAI-CoC accomplishments in the integration and collocation of mental and substance use disorder treatment, HIV and substance misuse prevention, HIV, hepatitis and primary care, in behavioral health care settings
- Evaluation and the local impact
- Collaborative panels or work groups pertaining to best practices
- Innovations and developments in the behavioral health field
Below, please find logistical information for the meeting.
- Please register for the meeting by May 31 at this link: https://form.jotformpro.com/70746133235957
- Two participants from the MAI-CoC grant (FOA TI-14-013) must include the project director or project coordinator and one other staff member directly involved in the MAI-CoC. Participants must be cleared through their project director.
- The meeting will begin on Monday, July 10 at 8:30 am and will adjourn on Tuesday, July 11 at 5:00 pm.
- Participants are required to attend the entire meeting so please make travel arrangements so you can attend the meeting in its entirety.
- The cut-off date for making hotel reservations is June 9, 2017.
- A room-block at the government rate of $172 per night (plus tax and fees) has been reserved for your convenience at the EVEN Hotel Rockville for the nights of July 9 and 10 (check-in: July 9; check-out: July 11).
- Click here to make your reservation, or call the hotel at 855-879-3836 or 301-881-3836. USE THE REFERENCE: “SAMHSA MAI-CoC Grantee Meeting” and Meeting Code # E54.
The EVEN Hotel is located at 1775 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20853. Travel from the EVEN Hotel to SAMHSA is available by shuttle or walking:
- SHUTTLE - The hotel provides a free-shuttle to SAMHSA, with 8-10 minutes required allowance for travel-time.
- WALKING - The hotel is located 0.6 miles from SAMHSA. If walking, it is recommended to allow 15 to 20 minutes due to road crossings for intersections and traffic.
Access to 5600 Fishers Lane and Other Logistics:
- To access the building, go to the 5600 Fishers Lane (main) entrance located on the Fishers Lane side of the building (not the Parklawn Drive side).
- Please plan to allow 15 minutes for security clearance with a government ID (e.g., driver’s license) or proof of legal U.S. residence for building admittance. For reference, you may access the REAL ID Act website.
- Please note that luggage cannot be stored onsite at the meeting site/building. Thus, please allow time to store luggage at the hotel on arrival and at departure.
- An onsite cafeteria is available to purchase lunch. Time will be structured for lunch.
Airport and Local Transportation:
There are three local airports:
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is the closest airport, approximately 23 miles from the SAMHSA, Rockville, MD office.
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) is 27 miles away, and the
- Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) is 37 miles.
Multiple options for transportation from the airports to Rockville, MD include:
- DCA - For less than $6.00, travelers coming through DCA can get to Rockville (Twinbrook Metro Station) using the Metrorail system from the Metro station connected to Terminal B/C.
- IAD - Travelers coming through IAD can get to any location on the Metrorail Subway System by taking the non-stop Silver Line Express Bus from the Airport directly to the Wiehle Avenue-Reston Metrorail Station, located approximately seven miles away.
BWI - From BWI, travelers have several by-rail options - Amtrak and MARC. Also available are: taxi, shared ride service, shuttle service, and car rental.
If you have any questions regarding hotel accommodations or logistics, please contact The MayaTech Corporation at 301-587-1600 or MAI-CoC-TA@mayatech.com.
For additional information about the meeting, please contact your SAMHSA MAI-CoC Project Officer:
Anthony Bethea: 240-276-1933, email@example.com
Stephen Carrington: 240-276-1611, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ed Craft: 240-276-1571, email@example.com
Judith Ellis: 240-276-2567, firstname.lastname@example.org
Morris Flood: 240-276-2479, email@example.com
Karim Hamadi: 240-276-2413, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kirk James: 240-276-1617, email@example.com
Barbara Rogers: 240-276-2423, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ilze Ruditis: 240-276-1777, email@example.com